Can I just pause here and say, where in the WORLD did the year go?? Um, how is it November already? I woke up today with the long weekend looming in front of me and wondered, how did we get here?
And then, Evs decided to completely blow my mind when we were walking the dogs by informing me that he has known me more than a THIRD of his life. I looked at him open mouthed and realised that it was true and lamented the fact that the years seemed to be slipping by and soon I’d be an old granny rocking on my chair on the porch and everyone would have died or forgotten me.
Ok, so I may have gotten a little carried away.
Anyways, reeling it back in a bit – I am very glad because it’s LONG WEEKEND. Well, I’ve made it one by taking Monday off and Tuesday being a public holiday for Melbourne Cup Day (aka horse racing event where everyone gets dressed up and wears hats and then get very drunk and lose their money).
Evs and I have finally decided to do something about the fact we have STILL not yet bought a single item for the baby. Like not even one bootie. (booty?? That just sounds like an odd thing to be buying for a child).
So, after sending him a spreadsheet a colleague’s wife had made when she was pregnant and getting a reply from Evs only minutes later to tell me he was already ‘modifying it’ and going all organised-geek on me, I thought we better get on it.
The weekend looks to be typical Melbourne with bouts of sunshine and rain and I plan to make the most of the sunny bits.
As for you, hoping the weather is treating you ok after the various rampages throughout the world (Sandy I’m looking at you. Girl, you need to CHILL).
For your reading pleasure:
- So it seems like I’ve been doing it ALL WRONG for years. What you say? Washing my hair of course! (Stop laughing). I discovered this post from Hair Romance and it’s made a world of difference to my naturally wavy hair. Check it out – it may just surprise you.
- There was this moment of time when I had more friends married and/or popping out the kids then not. And trying to organise a get-together would invariably mean that it’d turn into a family-fest when I wanted to do was to see how my friends were doing. Like REALLY doing. And now being on the borderline of turning into a baby-toting person I was told I was the one who ‘tipped the balance’ haha. That being said – I hope that I don’t lose my friendships afterwards. Do you think you can be friends when only one of you has kids?
- Anyone who knows me know I love spouting off random Disney songs at any opportune moment. So this post that lists the 10 Best Disney songs for the single girl just had me all a-flutter. My favourite – of course “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid.
- I’m the kind of person that when travelling, formal exercise kinda takes a backseat and I count walking everywhere and sight-seeing as burning calories (which of course is then made up by copious amounts of cocktails. Whatever.). However, I’m trying to change that a little bit and this post from Em over at Happy Tree Pose on How to take your yoga travelling is a good one for those also wanting to feel a little bliss off the mat.
- So Halloween is over and I struggled through it in my retake to Quit Sugar again. There may or may not have been a day when I took the leftover candy to work so I wouldn’t eat them all at home and then proceeded to eat way too many at work. #Fail. And then reading all the Halloween themed posts got me drooling and my heart skipped a beat when they saw these. Yep – they are Dexter-style blood-spatter cookies. Make them if you dare.
- I don’t know yet whether I am having a girl or a boy. I don’t even know if I WANT to know. However, if I have a girl then this list of 100 things of what this woman wants to teach her daughter is heartwarming. And so so necessary.
- For those on the Quitting Sugar bandwagon with me (or even those who said are you fucking CRAZY?! Thanks but no thanks!) – avocadoes are one of THE best foods out there. They are full of healthy fats, low in sugar and contain more fibre than a lot of vegetables. Sarah Wilson posted recently on 12 things to do with an avocado and I just so happen to all the ingredients to make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Mud Shake.
What’s on for this weekend? (Melbourne peeps – going to the races??)