Hello folks! How has your week been?
Mine started with some very good news and then progressed into some not-so good news. It actually was one of the most emotion-wrenching weeks I have had in a long time. I came home last night, after a particularly bad day and just thought that it was funny the way life worked sometimes.
Not meaning to get all deep on you, but despite the good and the bad stuff that happens – life still goes on.
Realising that and knowing that, made my week a lot more bearable.
This weekend – I start on a new journey and also say goodbye. It’s the epitome of the circle of life and I’m looking forward once it is all over to just come home, trace my hands over things that I cherish and say a silent thank you in my heart.
I’m also ready to give more of myself into the things I love, and especially this blog where I am just itching to pour my passion into it. I’ve started the journey, creeping out of the shadows bit by bit, to share this space and not be afraid of the journey. (Thus – my new Facebook page! Do you have any idea how scary it is to announce this on FB? That means people I know in REAL LIFE are reading. And hello there! )
So to kick off this packed weekend, here’s a few of my picks:
- It’s no secret that I am hopelessly, madly in love with my iPhone. And I love to say “There MUST be an app for that!”. Usually I’m right, occasionally wrong which makes me think I could become a millionaire if anyone ever wanted an app to rate their farts or something. ANYWAY, here is a great post on the must have apps for a simple home and life. You can bet I’m on it.
- I’m at a point my where sometimes it seems there is a literal fork in the road – each one pointing to either family or career. And never the twain meet. We all know about the pay gap between men and women – but what about the one between childless women and working mothers?
- I am not ashamed to admit that yes, some of my earliest crushes were not…err…quite human. So I had a thing for animated characters. Didn’t we all?? Here’s a list from Thought Catalog on the Hottest Male Animated Characters. Don’t say I didn’t warn you – remember to wipe up that drool! (My fave was Prince Eric. That SMILE!) And here’s Part 2. You’re welcome.
- Bwahahahah. Oh. My. God. For anyone who has done Bikram yoga or is just intimidated by the thought of it – THIS is the funniest thing you will see all day. With great lines like “If you can’t lock your knees, you don’t DESERVE to be skinny” and “Can’t you get the same results from dieting and doing exercise in normal temperatures?” “What, you believe in rainbows?” and “I am a yoga STAR” – this will make you laugh out loud. (Via Thought Catalog)
- Procrastination is a normal thing for the human race. In fact, it’s the most popular lowest common denominator. We do everything we can to prolong the experience of being comfortable. Guilty as charged. A bit of a kick-in-the-pants post to get us get up and start DOING the things we are meant to be.
- We all deal with the little voice in our head that tried to bring us down. On particularly bad days, it can make us feel like shit and we tend to think of our self-esteem as something fragile. Here’s a great article on just letting go and building confidence back in. My favourite – chocolate is ok. Chocolate is ALWAYS ok.
- This idea is genius! I’m forever having to select my charging stations to ones that have a nearby table for my phone and have tripped over wires so many times when Evs leaves his lying around. Here’s a great tutorial on how to recycle cardboard into a DIY phone charging holder.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! The Olympics start and you bet I’ll be up tomorrow morning to watch the Opening Ceremony. Bring it on!
Will you watch the Olympics? Favourite event? Who was an animated character that you had a crush on when you were a kid (or maybe still do?? )