I always release this deep sigh of relief when Friday rolls around, a breath that I haven’t realised I have been holding until I see that the weekend is in sight.
The thought of two whole days, full of possibility and adventure truly is the thing that gets me through the day.
That and coffee.
My weekend will be a family-affair. It’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow and it was Sam’s (my sister’s husband) and his sister’s birthday during the week. I imagine our two families will gather together at one house or the other and celebrate the way we know how.
Food, company, loudness.
I think that I have also gotten Evs hooked on the concept of brunch and after trying Miss Marie (local cafe that is AWESOME), we have plans to head to Red Robyn, a completely gluten-free cafe (and heart-stoppingly also fructose-free friendly!!) in Camberwell.
My picks for the week as follows, so you can start your weekend with some good reading:
- Um. This is awkward but I see a lot of me in this. Yet another Shit xxx Say video – any girl who has been to the gym will laugh out loud at this. And see a tiny bit of themselves too.
- It’s time to stop fooling ourselves, says a woman who left a position of power: the women who have managed to be both mothers and top professionals are superhuman, rich, or self-employed. If we truly believe in equal opportunity for all women, here’s what has to change. Why women CAN’T have it all. And why it’s not just a women’s issue.
- I don’t necessarily agree with everything in this article but it’s an interesting read (if you don’t get offended first!) - Why You’re Not Married. (via Yes and Yes) The thing I do agree with – You are enough right this minute. Whether that means you are in a relationship or not – it doesn’t matter. But you ARE enough.
- I’ve been spending a lot of time lately in self-reflection and thought about where I want to go with my life. My biggest obstacle is myself and the fear of stepping out of my comfort zone. Here is a wonderful post about three steps you can take to get out of that comfort zone and move towards your dreams.
- If you are like me and LOVE salads (especially in the warmer months!), sometimes it can be a little confusing on how to create a salad that is healthy and nutritious and actually also tastes good. The secret – the base. Here’s how to choose the healthiest salad greens.
- Have you ever looked at an abstract art piece hanging in a cafe or at someone’s house and thought – “I could do that?”. Well, now you can! Here is an easy DIY tutorial on creating your own abstract masterpiece.
- I have become OBSESSED with Lee’s blog and recipes (author of Supercharged Food which I am going to buy this weekend!) and have had my eye on this Raw Berry and Chocolate torte for a while. But I can’t decide between that or her Buckwheat Risotto with Spinach and Mushroom. Or Supercharged Raw Pad Thai. Just get on it.
Have a great weekend guys!
What is your favourite Shit xxx Says video? I’m quite partial to the original.